Utah Valley University is providing great education and preparing its students for the workforce. I just hired another UVU grad this week. Under the leadership of President Matthew Holland the University has succeeded at providing a high quality education at a great price. I have really enjoyed serving on the Foundation Investment Committee at UVU. I was invited to give a lecture at the business school as part of the Executive Lecture series. Here is a link to the speech. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
As part of the lecture I provided a list of the lessons I have learned throughout my career.
- Cash is King
- I am the only person who will ever pay me what I think I am worth
- The tough decisions will define you
- Lead by example
- Choose partners wisely
- Your Network is your most valuable Asset
- Mentors will save you years of time, millions of dollars, and a lot of pain
- Recruit on character not just experience
- Empower Employees/Help them reach their potential
- “A” processes are as important as “A” people